Monday, April 2, 2012

MERRY-GO-ROUND

I want to take my girlfriend
out on the merry-go-round.
I want to have her by my side
as we go round and round.
I want to grab that big brass ring
and gain that wondrous prize.
To have her with me evermore
as we live out our lives.

For life is very much like
a ride on the Merry-go-round.
There's lots of joys and sorrows
and lots of ups and downs.
The music grates upon your ears
or sometimes smooth as cream.
An ever changing pattern
as we live out our dreams.

We'll live out our allotted time
upon life's stormy tide.
I try to do the best I can,
my helpmate by my side.
And when my time is nearly o'er,
there'll be no need to frown
For we have had a gala trip
on our life on the Merry-Go-Round.

Phyllis
Elro


(just before my Dad passed away he put this to music and could sing it, it was a cute little song/poem just for Mom)

No comments:

Post a Comment