Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tribulations

Mark, lived 38 years, not ONE!!
Why me, Dear LORD, I often cried
as things went against my foolish pride.
Why do you turn against me so,
for I believe, and you should know.


Again fate moved its forceful arm.
It brought one of my family harm.
A broken body and an unsound mind,
to a son of mine, at birth I find.


The Doctor said,"one year of life".
We cried and sobbed amid the strife,
then settled down to the task ahead
to give comfort to the young boy's bed.


The year was gone and a few more went,
but that fragile light was not yet spent,
It flickered, faded and came anew
and the debt was paid with a smile or two.


So when misfortune comes my way,
I get down on my knees and pray,
"Why not Dear LORD, I'm sure tis' true,
that with your help I'll muddle thru."


ECL

No comments:

Post a Comment